MC3000 fully integrated
The fully integrated model contains all components of a CAFS unit within one assembly. Centrifugal pump, compressor, foam agent proportioning pumps, the patented MicroCAFS mixing valve and the MicroCAFS management system (CMS) with all components for measuring and controlling are mounted on a base frame. The pipework of all components including outlet valves is already assembled as well.
- ready for use built system "plug and play"
- connection to the pto by only one shaft
- compressor is driven internally by a tooth belt via pump gear, without additional pto
- precise positive pressure proportioning foam pump by exzentric worm pump, volumetric, no calibration needed
- no flushing of foam pumps necessary after use
- simple one button operation, every function can be switched by only pushing one button
The module is delivered completely mounted and can easily be integrated in the vehicle. The mechanical connection to the PTO of the vehicle is made by a standard transmission shaft. The compressor is already connected to the drive of the centrifugal pump with a tooth belt internally in the assembly. Only this one transmission shaft is needed to drive the pump and the compressor at the same time. The electrical power supply is given from the 24 volt wiring system of the vehicle. The pipework of the CAFS unit must be connected to the pipe installation of the vehicle also by the vehicle manufacturer.
In the standard configuration the foam dosing is done by two excentric worm pumps. Up to 4 pumps can be arranged optionally. The flow measuring is done by hightec magnetic inductive measurement. Independent of the type of the foam agent (viscosity) the accurate dosing will be made by the excentric worm pumps. Also the reliable dosing all over the working range is guaranteed under different working pressures.
CAFS is produced in the patented MicroCAFS mixing valve without remarkable pressure loss and without limitations of the water flow as well. Compressed air will be injected in the water/foam flow by proportional pressure regulation valve into the mixing valve. According to the quick reaction of the measurement and regulation, the unit can also handle quickly changing operating conditions (e.g. during chopping).
The unit allows CAFS flow rates up to minimum 800 l water per minute (about 1.200 l/min CAFS flow). This results in expanded CAFS flow of about 3.200 l/min. Therefore it also fits for using a monitor with about 1.200 l/min or several nozzle pipes at the same time. The unit provides high capacity for efficient and safe firefighting, also for indoor firefighting and industrial firefighting. Basic rules (tactical and technical) and sufficient self protection for attack teams have to be considered by fire fighting with CAFS as well. The attack teams must be trained regularly and constantly to enhance effectivity and safety for firefighting with CAFS.
centrifugal pump NP 3000 single stage
Pump case, rotor disk, pressure water pipe and suction inlet
made of seawater resistant aluminum alloy, pump shaft made
of stainless steel
Clockwise direction / right handed (view to driving flange)
Flange (e.g. PTO / cardan shaft), DN 100
oil free, maintenance free
control leaking shaft seal, maintenance free
VACUMAT, automatic system, manual ON, automatic OFF,
automatic deactivation, suction height 0 – 8m, oilfree, maintenance free
basic, square flange NW 125
2 gate valves G80K (W inside left bottom)
2 gate valves G80K (W+WF+CAFS ri / le outside)
1 ball valve G1 ½ as tank filling pipe (W inside left bottom), handling by push rod
1 ball valve G1 ½ as quick attack (W+WF+CAFS outside right bottom), handling by push rod
thermo valve for pump 55°C (overheat control)
manual ball valve at the lowest place of the pump case
MicroCAFS positive pressure proportioner PPPS 16
electronic controlled proportioner
foam dosing rate:
0,1 – 6% (step: 0,1%),
2 excentric worm pumps
pump case stainless steel 1.4571
rotating parts stainless steel 1.4571
rotor stainless steel 1.4571
stator EPDM (F65A)
fits for all foam agent for fire fighting
volumic mass 1 kg/dm³
viscosity 1 mm²/s
working temperature +5 - +45°C
low temperatures with additional heating
elektrical motor 24 V DC, electronically controlled
Integrated protection against dry running with
emergency shutdown (drive)
PPPS 24 with 3 foam pumps (max.27 l/min)
nominal air delivery:
2.400 l/min. at 10 bar, max. 2.800 l/min.
with tooth belt from pump shaft, not switchable,
electropneumatical idle running controlling
Heat exchanger for compressor oil, integrated in the water
circulation of the pump NP 3000 (return flow has to be mounted
by vehicle manufacturer to the suction inlet of the pump)
safety valve (air), over heat protection (oil)
automatic heating (oil)
patented MicroCAFS mixing valve MK51
- patented main score unit of the MicroCAFS unit with switch for the two different foam qualities „wet“ and „dry“.
- without turbulencers in the flow section
- no pressure loss
- welded steel, completely galvanized
- compact bearing for pump, compressor, pressurized foam dosing system and all components for measurement and regulations.
- integrated drive flange (for PTO)
flame red (RAL 3000)
whit aluminium (RAL 9006)
patented MicroCAFS air control MC CMS (CAFS Management System)
- electronically controlled air regulation valve
- optional connection to CAN bus of vehicle
- PLC control
- optional: operation panel with display
- display shows dosing ratio, water flow, warnings
by push buttons
off / foam proportioning / CAFS „wet“ / CAFS „dry“
- optional: preparation for integration of operation panel in the vehicle
- simple one button operation. Every function only by pushing one button. no unneeded displays.
- measurements/weights are approximate.
- detail clearing after order required.
subjects to change without any notice
- MC3000 fully integrated
- MC3000 single components